Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Who will you remember?


WIll you remember the boy from Gary, will you remember the young man who made you dance, will you remember the man who made headlines?

I personally was not a huge fan of Michael Jackson. I liked his music but not to the degree of some. I did really like his Thriller video because nothing like that had ever been done.

As I watched his memorial today I thought I won't get caught up in the moment and cry. But then Stevie Wonder began to speak and tears flowed from my eyes. Brooke Sheilds spoke and they came again. Jermaine and Usher sang again tears. Then his daughter said "I love my daddy very much" and I sobbed.

I think I have now decided I will remember Michael Jackson as a son, brother and most importantly a father. Bless his children for their lives have been forever changed by his passing. I can only pray they will not have to endure the things their father did. I hope they can find peace.

2 comments:

Real(ly) Old Housewife said...

It really is sad the way Michael's life turned out and the way her died. Fame does horrible things to some peoples' lives.

Speaking of sad- those poor elephants looked like were woefully under weight. I hate seeing elephants in captivity.

Michelle in Indiana said...

Fame can be a monster.

I reference to the elephants, Bunny, was at our local zoo for almost 40 years and was given to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. She was actually very healthy except for sores on her feet from being on concrete all her life. We all loved her here but I was so happy that she went to the sanctuary to live out her years. She will always have a special place in my heart.

Ned was a circus elephant who was confiscated from the trainer for failure to comply with the Animal Welfare Act. This poor guy was emaciated and had many other health problems. He was so young and it broke my heart that he got to the sanctuary to late.