Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Full Circle

Not many of us get to ever meet those that we watch 24/7 from July to September.  Some are lucky to have events near them or go to Vegas or have them live a few miles from your home.

Last season Kathy Hillis took a lot of crap from many people on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.  I will even admit that I had a couple of moments when her actions made me wonder WTH.   But, I would like to tell you about Kathy the person not Kathy the BB contestant.

On March 3, 2011 my friend Kim suffered a loss that no parent should ever have to endure. Her only child Levi was in a car accident that took his life. I was on Facebook that night as Kim found out the news. My heart broke for her and I cried with her. My only thoughts at that moment were that I wanted to get there and comfort her. Well, Kathy was there.   Kathy was on duty that night and she worked the accident. When she realized who he was, she never left him. She held him, told him his mother loved him and kissed him goodbye for Kim.  Kathy was and has been a constant in Kim's life while she is recovering from this tragic loss.  Kathy is what my grandpa called "good stock".  Kathy is someone that I will aspire to be everyday. Kathy is the definition of compassion, inspiration, love and friend.   Thank you Kathy from the bottom of my heart.


RIP Levi

3 comments:

*^*^*MsFitzTX*^*^*^ said...

Beautifully written. Kathy was a God Send for Kim & for that I will always be grateful.

Genie Sea said...

Awwwwww :(

Kimmie said...

Thank you so much Michelle! You will never know just how much your words and your friendship mean to me! Love you so much!